I am an independent mathematics consultant who has worked with schools, school districts, universities and educational nonprofits. From 2003 through the present I have worked with Thinking With Numbers, a company that provides online math lessons focused on developing fluency with basic addition and subtraction facts. From 2011-2013 I provided professional development for Iowa Adult Education teachers and Iowa Department of Corrections teachers through a program called “The Iowa Numeracy Academy”.
Prior to working as an independent consultant I was a mathematics teacher for 29 years and served as a mathematics consultant for Heartland Area Education Agency in Johnston, IA. I earned my B.A. and M.A. degrees in Mathematics from the University of South Dakota.
- A self-directed enthusiastic educator with a passionate commitment to teacher training, student development and the learning experience.
- Skilled in the design of challenging, enriching, and innovative activities that address the diverse mathematics interests of students and teachers.
- Extensive experience in all facets of PreK-12 mathematics education.
- Proficient in planning, developing, and delivering high-quality professional development for mathematics teachers.
- Experienced in working with post-secondary institutions and organizations involved in PreK-12 education.
- Excellent communication skills.